WEST COAST PEELERS GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
THIS PROMOTION IS VALID ONLY IN CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) ABD THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES, AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO THE CANADIAN LAW. VOID IN AK, HI, QUEBEC & WHERE PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE OR ACCEPTANCE OF
A PRODUCT OFFER WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The West coast peelers Giveaway (the “Giveaway” or “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), the 48 contiguous United States (excludes AK and HI), who are legal age of majority in the state/province/territory in which they reside. Employees of WCP (the “Sponsor”), its affiliates, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and grandparent) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. The Giveaway is void in the states of AK, HI, the province of Quebec and where prohibited. All federal, state, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The Giveaway begins on June 1st 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ST July 15 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsors computer is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway.
- HERE’S HOW TO ENTER:
A. Automatically via a purchase. You will automatically receive one (1) entry for every $5 spent on an eligible
purchase at www.westcoastpeelers.ca (the “Website”) during the Promotion Period. Your purchase transaction must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on July 15th to be eligible to receive entries. The number of entries you receive will be based on the list price of your eligible purchase (excludes sales tax and shipping charges) and will be rounded up to the nearest dollar. If a purchase is returned prior to the drawing, entry/ies associated with that purchase will be voided. All purchases are subject to Sponsor’s return policy.
Throughout the Promotion Period, the Sponsor may announce on www.westcoastpeelers.ca and/or on its social media pages, opportunities to earn additional entries (“5X” entries, “50X” entries, or “bonus” entries), as follows:
5X entries: You will earn five (1) entries for every $1 spent at www.westcoastpeelers.ca (a “5X Entry Period”).
50x entries: You will earn fifty ( entries for every $5 spent at www.westcoastpeelers.ca (a “50x Entry Period”).
Bonus entries: During the Promotion Period, the Sponsor may announce opportunities to earn bonus entries (a “Bonus Entry Period”). During a Bonus Entry Period, purchases at www.westcoastpeelers.ca will earn an additional:
- 100 bonus entries with a select limited item purchased.
- 200 bonus entries with a selected limited item purchased.
300 bonus entries with a selected limited iron purchased.
There is a limit of 500 bonus entries per person/per Bonus Entry Period.
B. To enter without making a purchase, on a plain piece of 3”x5” paper, hand print your complete first and last name, street address, city, state/province/territory, zip/postal code, date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), e-mail address plus daytime telephone number including area code. Then, on the opposite side of your entry, in at least 25 words complete the sentence: “I want to win the West Coast Peelers Giveaway because...”. Mail your entry in a #10 business-size envelope with first-class postage affixed, to: West coast peelers 3893 Michigan rd. Port Alberni BC V9y 5Z7, Your outer-mailing envelope must include a valid return address, which includes a complete first and last name. Mailed entries received without a verifiable and legible return address will be deemed incomplete and invalid. Limit one entry per outer-mailing envelope. Bulk shipments (multiple entries in one shipping package) will not be accepted. Mail-in entry, including outer-mailing envelope must be handwritten. No mechanically reproduced entries or metered mail permitted. Statements contained in mail-in entries will not be judged but must be unique; Statements must not in any way reflect negatively upon Sponsor, the Promotion or any other person or entity. Entries that are received by July 31st will be eligible for the random drawing to determine Finalists. Each mail-in envelope will count as 5 entries, provided that the mail-in entry complies with the above requirements.
To earn 5X entries without purchase (5 entries per mail-in), follow the instructions above for your mail-in entry and hand-write the words “5X entry” on the lower right-hand corner of your outer-mailing envelope. Your mail- in entry must have a postmark date that corresponds to a 5X Entry Period and be received within 5 days of the 5X Entry Period’s deadline.
To earn 50X entries without purchase (50 entries per mail-in), follow the instructions above for your mail-in entry and hand-write the words “50X entry” on the lower right-hand corner of your outer-mailing envelope. Your mail- in entry must have a postmark date that corresponds to a 50X Entry Period and be received within 5 days of the 50X Entry Period’s deadline.
To earn 100 Bonus entries without purchase, follow the instructions above for your mail-in entry and hand-write the words “Bonus Entry” on the lower right-hand corner of your outer-mailing envelope. Your mail-in entry must have a postmark date that corresponds to a Bonus Entry Period and be received within 5 days of the Bonus Entry Period’s deadline. There is a limit of 500 Bonus entries per person/per Bonus Entry Period, regardless of method of entry.
In the event a postmark date falls on a Sunday or federal holiday, the mail-in entry must be postmarked on the following business day. Mail-in entries that are not in the format specified above, that are illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, or reproduced via photocopier or otherwise will be considered null and void. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, postage-due entries or entries not received by the deadline. All material submitted becomes property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No correspondence will be acknowledged or entered into.
- GRAND PRIZE EVENT: On or after July 15th at 11:59pm ST, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be determined randomly from among the verified Contestants. The process for the random selection and the location where the random selection will take place will be determined solely by the Sponsor and is subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Maximum odds of a Finalist winning the Grand Prize is 1 in 5.
The Grand Prize winner will be notified by email, mail and/or phone within 48 hours following Grand Prize winner determination. In the event the Grand Prize winner is deemed ineligible, fails to comply with any eligibility requirements or is unable to claim the Grand Prize as specified, the Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate Finalist.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (All prize values stated in Canadian dollars): grand prize value approximately 675$
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner permitted. The prize will be awarded “AS NEW” with warranty by Islander reels. Winner acknowledges that Sponsor has not made nor is in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize offered in this Giveaway, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Prize consists of only the item specifically listed as part of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Released Parties are not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone/e-mail/internet transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if for any reason, the Giveaway is undermined by a force majeure event or if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/it’s agencies, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and a drawing to award the Prize(s) will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the entrant, entry will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the online order form or mail-in entry. Any damage made to the Website by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
- CHOICE OF LAW: All questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Giveaway, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Colombia without regard to its choice of laws or conflict of law provisions. CLAIMS MAY NOT BE RESOLVED THROUGH ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. By participating, Entrants irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and provincial court of British Colombia for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Giveaway. Entrant agrees that any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including any costs associated with participation in this Giveaway but in no event attorneys' fees; and under no circumstances will Entrants/Winner be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants/Winner hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
11. WINNERS LIST: The name of the Grand Prize Winner will be announced at www.westcoastpeelers.ca on or about July 16th PST or after the Grand prize winner has been verified.
SPONSOR: WEST COAST PEELERS. 3893 Michigan Rd, Port Alberni, BC Canada. V9Y 5Z7. Mail-In entries will be accepted at this address.
ADMINISTRATOR: Bryce DiRocco . 3893 Michigan Rd, Port Alberni, BC Canada. V9Y 5Z7.
Manufacturer of the prize offered is not a Sponsor or Participant in this Giveaway and no association or endorsement is implied.
Copyright 2020 west coast peelers All rights reserved. Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the Entrant’s personal use only.